Nationwide Limousine Service | San Francisco Travel Blog
Bentley’s flagship Mulsanne models will begin featuring some remarkable amenities in the very near future. The luxury automaker already sets the standard for handcrafted luxury cabins in all its models, but Mulsanne buyers have some very high-tech appointments to look forward to in the coming model years.
Alasdair Stewart from Bentley Motors said that the next generation of Bentley buyers is made up of multitaskers who need to be able to work while on the go. Stewart said, “Many customers use their time in the Mulsanne to keep on top of their business commitments or simply take a few moments to relax. This fully functioning concept highlights the Mulsanne’s potential to help busy executives to communicate effectively and quickly whilst traveling. As you would expect from Bentley, all these features work in harmony with the handcrafted cabin and can be displayed or hidden at the user’s discretion.”
Some of these comforts and productivity appointments include the following:
- Two electric-powered, foldable wood veneer tables, each sporting an Apple iPad and Apple Bluetooth keyboard
- Internet connectivity for the iPads and other devices via a W-LAN
- Apple Mini Mac stored in the trunk for LAN integration and easy access to expanded data storage, Bluetooth-enabled, naturally
- 15.6-inch High Definition LED dropdown monitor in roof console with DVD changer
- Lighted center console with individual armrests for spacious four-seat configuration
- Rear console equipped with iPod and iPod control panel
- Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) and audio system for integrated entertainment options
- Two USB connectors provided for the Apple system and one Apple interface connector for the iPod
- Control panel on rear console to operate picnic tables, reading lights, control HD LED screen and select video and audio options
- Armrest containing Tibaldi fountain pen and privacy telephone handset
- Bottle cooler in center console, complete with illuminated, double-glazed frosted glass door
- Apple device-controlled, multi-directional reading lights for each rear passenger
- Many other luxury appointments
That impressive list is a glimpse into the future of luxury limousine amenities, and all we can say is, “Wow!” With list prices beginning at around $300,000, it could be a while before we add a Bentley Mulsanne to our fleet of San Francisco limousines, but it won’t be long before some of these entertainment/productivity amenities are standard features in the “regular” limousine world. Indeed, many are already available in the newer Bay Area limos in our fleet. For more information on these models and their amenities, please explore the pages of our site and/or call us today at NLS Limo at 1-800-339-8936 for more information.
Some Bay Area residents always seem to be a step or two ahead of the rest of us. They somehow swing dinner reservations at the hottest restaurants, get great seats at area concerts and sporting events, know how to get into the coolest clubs and otherwise get to experience the best of San Francisco before everyone else. There’s no doubt that a pocketful of cold, hard cash can be the passport to all these pleasures and experiences, but the swiftest and smartest of these folks somehow make all this happen without spending a fortune. How do they do it? They plan ahead and turn delayed gratification into one heck of a good time without overspending.
To illustrate how forward thinking some area residents are, we have received a bunch of limousine and party bus reservations for New Year’s Eve recently. These folks know that demand will be quite high on this particular night and for good reason! No one wants to deal with driving, parking, traffic and the possibility of a very expensive ticket on the premier party night of the year. That’s why they are making their reservations now to ensure they get their first choice of San Francisco limos and party buses for their night on the town with friends. They know that Bay Area limo services will have nearly all of their chauffeurs and vehicles entertaining guests that night and that procrastinators who wait too long to make reservations will have to settle for their third, fourth or fifth choice of vehicles and limo providers.
Don’t let this happen to you and your friends this year. If you’re planning on hitting the clubs this New Year’s, and you know that you are, call us today at 1-800-339-8936 to reserve your San Francisco limo or party bus. We still have a great selection, but the most popular models are going fast, so don’t delay! We offer the best customer service, the cleanest and most luxurious vehicles and the most professional chauffeurs in the area. Best of all, we make all this happen at incredibly reasonable rates! Please call us today to reserve your Bay Area limousines, party buses and other luxury vehicles for the upcoming holiday season.
The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), responding to a rising number of complaints about illegal Bay Area limousine companies, cracked down on illegal operators picking up fares at San Francisco International Airport (SFO), other California airports and the City of San Francisco in August. The CPUC sting operation made an impressive number of arrests, and the state agency issued a recent press release that outlined some of the arrests in the area. Of particular interest to Bay Area residents and legal San Francisco limousine services such as ours were the following excerpts from the CPUC press release:
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO), August 4, 2011 – CPUC staff, the CHP, SFO Airport Police, and SFO Landside Operations conducted a joint surprise passenger carriers inspection. Approximately 84 vehicles (limos, buses, and shuttles) were pulled over for the inspection. The CPUC inspected 82 vehicles, issued one Misdemeanor Warning (operation with a pending CPUC permit), and issued 36 Notices to Correct Violations (vehicles not filed with CPUC, waybills, vehicle ID, and possible workers’ compensation violations). Subsequently, the CPUC suspended 11 carriers for engaging employee-drivers without procuring evidence of workers’ compensation insurance coverage.
- San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA), August 9, 2011 – In late July, two investigators from SFMTA, Investigations and Regulatory Affairs Taxi Services, contacted the CPUC requesting that a CPUC investigator ride along with them to observe the problems of charter-party carriers acting like taxis at some of the major hotels in San Francisco. SFMTA had received complaints from taxicabs that the hotels’ doorman is redirecting hotel guests to the limousines staging nearby. SFMTA reported that the violations involving limousines acting as taxis occur between 10:30 a.m. and noon when guests are checking out and heading to SFO. A CPUC investigator rode along with SFMTA investigators and observed four charter-party carriers operated without a valid permit. An investigation will be initiated on these carriers.
Here at NLS Limo, we take the safety of our guests and the reputation of our industry very seriously. That is why we work hard and invest the resources to ensure that our CPUC licensing and compliance is always up to date, that our drivers are fully screened and licensed, that our vehicles are insured and maintained in top condition and that no expense is spared in making sure that our guests have a safe and wonderful time. We’re not the only San Francisco limo service that works this hard to ensure that we meet all CPUC regulations, but we may be the only one that provides outstanding customer service at low, affordable rates. If we sound like your kind of Bay Area limo provider, please call us at 1-800-339-8936 the next time you would like a limousine or any other type of luxury ground transportation to help you celebrate a special event.
Recently, the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), the state agency that issues licenses for passenger carriers such as limousine companies, charter bus services and other carriers, took legal action against scores of illegal limo operators throughout the state. The CPUC diligently ensures that all carriers are properly licensed, carry the required amount of insurance coverage, maintain their vehicles to state standards and ensure compliance on many other aspects of the industry to protect passengers. Many of the outfits receiving fines and cease and desist orders were illegal San Francisco limousine companies. These fly-by-night outfits put profits above all other considerations, including their guests’ lives, and make it harder for legitimate Bay Area limo companies like us by painting us all in a bad light.
During the third quarter of 2001, the CPUC took legal action against at least 25 companies and fined them a total of $27,500 for a wide range of different violations, including the following:
- Advertising a revoked permit number
- Engaging employees without procuring evidence of workers’ compensation insurance
- Failing to enroll and/or pre-employment test drivers in a mandatory drug and alcohol program
- Failing to enroll drivers in DMV Pull Notice program
- General Order 157-D violation (failing to maintain a current equipment list, no sub-carrier agreement and incomplete waybills)
- Operating without a valid authority (suspended or unlicensed)
- Operating vehicles that are not insured at the required minimum level of public liability and property damage insurance
The CPUC also filed criminal complaints against many other passenger carriers throughout the state for illegal activities such as robbery, threatening to strand passengers unless they produced more money and other illegal acts.
We would like to reiterate that we post stories about illegal San Francisco limousine companies in order to educate our readers and prevent them from becoming targets of these criminals. In most cases, the guests who do business with these operators don’t know that they are doing business with an illegal and unethical operator. Here’s one sure way to ensure that you don’t end up riding in an illegal Bay Area limousine: limo carriers in California can only pick up guests if they have made a telephone reservation. If you are standing on a street corner or at the airport and a “chauffeur” offers a limo ride, don’t get in! That limo is illegal.
For a professional, luxurious and completely legitimate San Francisco limousine experience with a locally owned company that operates in full compliance with CPUC regulations, call us at NLS Limo today at 1-800-339-8936. We have set the standard for superb customer service, affordability and selection for many years now, and we understand that our reputation is on the line with each guest. If we sound like your kind of Bay Area limo provider, please call us to reserve your limo, party bus, antique car or other type of luxury transportation today!
Here at NLS Limo, we like to think that our little corner of the business world is too special and far too cool to be pigeonholed into one industry. Since we rent Bay Area limousines, party buses, corporate sedans, antique vehicles, luxury coaches and many other types of vehicles, it’s fair to say that we’re in the automobile business. Since nearly all of these vehicles feature luxury amenities such as wet bars, flat-screen TVs, superb sound systems, mood lighting, moon roofs and other sumptuous accents, you could say that we are in the entertainment business as well. Indeed, our business model straddles several different niches. The one that brings us the most joy and satisfaction and the one that we believe is the key to our success is our focus on being the very best in the hospitality business.
It is our privilege and our pleasure to be ambassadors of the Bay Area to our many clients who visit from other cities and countries and rely on us as their San Francisco limo provider. It is also very gratifying that so many Bay Area residents choose us again and again to help them celebrate the special events in their lives. What are some of the other reasons why so many guests rent luxury vehicles from us? We’re not big on scientific analyses around here, but we believe it has a great deal to do with the following:
- Superb customer service
Bottom line: it is our job to ensure that each one of our guests has a wonderful time while riding in our vehicles, and we go above and beyond to ensure that this happens each and every time. In the very unusual event that something is not right or there is an unexpected delay, we make it right and pursue every opportunity to ensure that each guest is satisfied. We’re not perfect, but it’s not for lack of trying!
- Attention to detail
Our guests know that they are not the first to ride in one of our San Francisco limos, party buses or other luxury vehicles, but we do our very best to make it appear to be the case! Our detail team takes a great deal of pride in their work and won’t release a vehicle for service until all evidence of the previous guest is gone.
Now more than ever, we understand that our guests have limited means and that many have been saving for months for their special occasion. Instead of offering the lowest possible rate and nickel-and-diming our guests on additional charges, we look for ways to offer the best experience at the most affordable rate that includes nearly all the amenities and perks that a limo guest deserves.
There may be other reasons why our guests rely on us again and again for all their San Francisco luxury ground transportation needs, and if you have something to add to this list, we’d love to hear from you! We welcome any and all comments, questions and criticism as we feel that in the end, it makes us a better limo service and one that is better able to anticipate the needs of its guests. To let us know what you think and/or to reserve a Bay Area limo for an upcoming occasion, please give us a call at 1-800-339-8936! Thanks again for making NLS Limo your preferred San Francisco limousine service!