There have been a lot of negative reports in the media recently regarding San Francisco party buses. Sadly, much of the negative reports are well deserved. The recent accidental death of a Santa Cruz woman who fell out of a Bay Area party bus last summer is the most high-profile of the reports, but there have been others, including these:
- Recent legislation passed into law by California lawmakers that holds chauffeurs and party bus companies accountable for underage drinking
- Complaints from San Francisco club owners regarding party bus “booze cruises” that drop off drunken guests that cause problems in their businesses and neighborhoods, causing some club owners to ban party buses at their businesses
- Some San Francisco party bus companies that allow underage drinking on board, which has led to accidents after guests have been dropped off for the night
- Other incidents that cast San Francisco party bus services in an unfavorable light
We would like to remind our readers that we are working hard to change the public’s perceptions about Bay Area party buses and that the vast majority of problems are being caused by a small minority of party bus providers. How are we working to accomplish this? Here are a few examples:
- We do not allow underage drinking on our party buses and never have. Our mission has always been to ensure that our guests have a fun and safe party bus experience. We like to be flexible, but that flexibility does not include unlawful behavior.
- Our chauffeurs do not allow rowdy behavior that endangers anyone’s safety. If a guest engages in anything that puts anyone at risk, they receive a polite warning. If the behavior continues, the rental is over, and the guests are returned to their original locations.
- We work hard to provide the best San Francisco party bus experience for our guests for the most affordable rates in the area. Rather than nickel-and-dime our guests with incidental charges that greatly increase the rental charge, we include as many complimentary amenities as possible into our rates.
These are just a few of the many steps we are taking to make our Bay Area party bus rentals safer, more enjoyable and more affordable for our guests. Other San Francisco party bus providers are taking many of the same steps, but in our opinion, we do it better because it has been our business model from the very beginning. If you’re shopping around for San Francisco party bus companies that offer the best experience for the best rate, give us a call at NLS Limo at 800-339-8936 to find out for yourself why we have become the premier San Francisco party bus service!
California Assemblyman Jerry Hill recently renewed his call for tough laws against party buses after a young woman fell from a party bus and was killed in a tragic accident near Santa Cruz. The 25-year-old victim was reportedly fighting with another woman on board the bus when their struggles opened a door, causing the victim to fall onto Highway 17, where she was struck and killed. Calling party buses “booze cruises,” Hill asked fellow lawmakers to pass AB 45, the bill he introduced 18 months ago. If passed, the bill would close a loophole in an existing law, which holds chauffeurs responsible for underage drinking in limousines but has no provisions for drivers of party buses.
“The problem is, and the sad part is, that there are those operators who are just in it for a quick buck,” Hill says. “And they will take anybody on a ride and charge them what they can and allow them to do what they want without the responsibility of what can occur.”
Hill claims that if legislators had passed his bill when it was introduced, the tragic death of the Santa Cruz woman could have been avoided. The bill has already been passed in the California Assembly and is under review in the Senate. If passed, the law would subject chauffeurs that allow underage drinking to be fined up to $2,000 for each infraction, with the possibility of losing their driver’s licenses.
Whether this law is passed or not, it won’t change our policy on underage drinking or our approach to guest safety. We have stated many times that a very small minority of Bay Area party bus rental companies are responsible for the vast majority of incidences of drunken and rowdy behavior outside clubs and other locations. We work with other San Francisco party bus services to promote responsible guest policies and keep our guests’ party bus experiences fun and safe. Guest safety is our first priority at all times, and we explain our rules to guests before each rental. If you want to have a memorable San Francisco party bus experience that is safe, fun and affordable, please call us today at NLS Limo at 800-339-8936 to make a reservation for your special occasion.