Limo Companies That Bait and Switch Paint Us All in a Bad Light
Sometimes we discuss a topic that is a bit embarrassing because we want our guests to know what to look for when renting a limo in other markets. We also discuss unflattering aspects of the limo rental business because we like to point out that the vast majority of limo services are ethical businesspeople interested in taking good care of their guests. However, like businesses of all kinds, there are always a few limo services that make it harder for the rest of us. What are we talking about? We’re talking about limo companies that use bait and switch tactics on their clients.
Industry trade publications such as Transportation Reviews, the leading independent consumer advocate for the U.S. passenger ground transportation industry, state that baiting and switching is one of the most common complaints. Everyone understands what baiting and switching is, but few outside the business understand why limo services do this to clients. Usually, it boils down to a few reasons such as the following:
• The limo company double-booked the limo.
• The company rented the limousine to a more lucrative client.
• The company arranged the limo through another provider and was only a go-between.
• The company never intended to rent that particular model to the client in the first place and intended to force the client to take another, cheaper model on short notice so they can make more money.
Ethical limo services like us sometimes have to provide different vehicles than the one the client reserved, too, but it is never our intent to deceive our guests. It’s rare, but it does happen for reasons such as these:
• The limo had an unexpected mechanical problem.
• The reservation specialist made an honest mistake and reserved the wrong vehicle.
• A staff member accidentally double-booked a vehicle that day.
• A previous guest left the limo in an unacceptable state, and we cannot clean or repair the vehicle in time for the next guest.
We didn’t become the premier San Francisco limousine service by jerking our guests around. We go out of our way to ensure that each of our guests is thoroughly satisfied with his or her experience. If something unforeseen occurs, we let our guests know as soon as possible. If we make a mistake, we do everything we can to make it right. The next time you need a limousine in the Bay Area, please give NLS Limo a call at 1-800-339-8936.