San Francisco Beer Week
It’s that time of year again! No, we don’t mean Valentine’s Day, nor are we referring to Superbowl Sunday. Rather, we’re thinking about San Francisco Beer Week. Hops enthusiasts and lager lovers alike travel from near and far to partake in these delicious craft drinks. From January 22nd through January 23rd, 2016, this celebration will be the talk of the Bay.
The weeklong festivities kick off with an opening gala. At Pier 35, 1454 The Embarcadero, NorCal’s Premier Craft Beer Tasting Event will take place from 6 – 10pm. Over 300 beers will be featured! Over 100 breweries will be represented! According to organizers, the event will sell out. Tickets are available online.
It’s almost impossible to create a list of Beer Week events…because home-brewers and connoisseurs wish they could attend each and every one! Here’s a mere handful of the Saturday, January 23rd events:
- Sour Saturday, a celebration of Belgiums at BEL on Mission Street in San Francisco
- Brew It Yourself at Comrades Beer Lab on 15th Street in San Francisco
- Santa Clara Valley Brewing Collaboration Release at Original Gravity Public House on 1st Street in San Jose
- Smoothie Brews and Fruity Sours: Tropical Tap Takeover at WOODS Bar on Telegraph Avenue in San Francisco
- Hopocalypse Day: Imperial IPA Festival at Drake’s Barrel House on Davis Street in San Leandro
- …and many, many more on Saturday and throughout the week!
Some of the San Francisco Beer Week events have a fee, so make sure to check ahead. A complete listing of events is available through SFBW. While many of the activities will take place in San Francisco proper, note that other Bay Area communities are included such as Oakland and San Jose.
Do you like blond Belgian ales like Tripel? Perhaps you prefer IPAs of the Pale Ale family. Might you like a Hefeweizen, many locals’ favorite wheat beer? Whether you enjoy Stout, Bock, or something else altogether, you’re certain to find the best of its kind during San Francisco Beer Week.
After you’ve spent some time with the schedule and you know where you’d like to go, contact the reservation managers with Nationwide Limousine Service in order to book your ride: 800-339-8936. Drinking and driving don’t mix, but San Francisco Beer Week pairs well with affordable luxury transportation. Party buses, motorized cable cars, antique autos, 2016-model SUVs, and tuxedo limousines are only a few of our offerings.