First Ever Bay Area Theater Week
Get out your jazz hands and maybe dust of your collected works of Neil Simon because, boy-oh-boy, coming up at the end of March is the one and only Bay Area Theatre Week! Part of the reason this is so exciting is that this is the first ever Bay Area Theatre Week, although the level of enthusiasm around San Francisco in general and within the Bay Area’s theater community in particular suggests that this will hardly be a one-off event.
Over 40 separate theater companies thought San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, and beyond will all participate in this glorious celebration of live theatrical performance, giving you a chance to experience everything from smash Broadway favorites to some lesser known works of great depth to experimental new pieces by some of the most lauded and talked about talents working within the field today.
Bay Area Theater Week will run from March 26th until April 7th, and it will happen throughout many different venues all around – you guessed it – the Bay Area! Included in the list of diverse companies participating in the event are:
- The African-American Shakespeare Company: This well known and exciting group of artists will be presenting a work titled Black Eagles, which focus on the stories of the very first black fighter pilots.
- City Lights Theater Company: From a Bay Area staple, prepare yourself for a thrilling new version of Eurydice.
- Los Altos Stage Company: Offers some delightful performances that continue in their tradition of catering to and building within their community.
- Magic Theater: A hip theater project that focuses on new and emerging playwrights (their credentials include being the first venue for Sam Shepard’s classic plays Buried Child, True West, and Fool for Love. For the Bay Area Theater Week they will be presenting another sure hit, In Old Age.
- Mountain Play: Something a little more unique. An outdoor venue located at the top of Mount Tamalpais, they include numerous options for hiking and communing with nature in the hours leading up to the performance. For Theater Week, they will be producing a major musical classic: Grease!
These are only a small number of the numerous shows and events that will be happening throughout the Bay Area during Bay Area Theater Week. Perhaps most exciting of all, the tickets for all shows are either $15, $25, or $35, which means that you will have the opportunity to see world-class theatrical productions for an actually affordable cost! We can’t wait to see you there. Contact us today at 800-339-8936 for additional details!