Treasure Island Flea
Unofficially known as “The Festival of the Bay,” Treasure Island Flea is a monthly arts celebration that takes place on the last Saturday and Sunday of any given month throughout the year on Treasure Island in San Francisco. What began as a chance for local artists, craftspeople, and creative weirdos to gather and support one another has blossomed into a carnivalesque bazaar, where some of the most unique and talented members of the Bay Area community come together and ply their wares.
This Saturday and Sunday (June 25th & 26th) will see the Treasure Island Flea returning to its traditional place at the Grate Lawn, along the Avenue of the Palms. Over 400 vendors will be on hand to sell artworks and curiosities like:
- Unique antiques from all over the world
- Handmade bags, scarves, incense burners, and other goods
- Specially designed T-shirts
- Vintage clothing
- Re-purposed objects that will blow your mind
In addition, more than 25 locally famous food carts and trucks will be on hand to supply visitors with nourishment, and plenty of Flea bars lie scattered around the grounds to give visitors the jolt they need to keep wandering through the crowded stalls and uncover the magical item they have been looking for. Visitors who want a more “hands on” experience will also appreciate the numerous DIY workshops and related events that occur in the Flea’s Makers Square.
This Saturday and Sunday also feature two special events that do not happen at your average Treasure Island Flea:
- Le Cirque de Bohème: Done in the style of a 1920’s French circus, Le Cirque de Bohème features unicyclists, jugglers, aerialists, and plenty of other acrobatic and entertaining acts under their small tent. (Tickets for this event can be purchased online or at the Flea)
- Beard Competition: You have seen pictures of men with impossibly coiffed beards, and now is your chance to gape at them in person. This competition is open to all, so if you yourself possess some truly memorable facial decoration, then join on in for a change to win gift certificates, free drinks, and other delightful prizes.
The Treasure Island Flea begins at 10:00am and runs until 4:00pm, the cost of admission is $3 (12 and under are free), and plenty of free parking.
NLS Limo has an exceptional selection of San Francisco festival transportation options, including motorized cable cars, charter buses, corporate sedans, and so much more! For additional information, contact us today at 800-339-8936!