Napa Valley Film Festival
What pairs better than film and wine? Let us know if you have any ideas! Until then, prepare yourself because from November 8th until November 12th the official 2017 Napa Valley Film Festival will be taking place, scratching the itch of both wine and film enthusiasts with its union of great feature films and stunning wines supplied by legendary Napa Valley vineyards.
The event actually kicks off a day early, on the 7th, when a triumvirate of events sweeps through the valley:
- A early preview of The Shape of Water and the cameo Cinema in St. Helena
- Live music performance by Dennis Quaid and his band The Sharks at Napa’s Blue Note
- A meet-and-greet with the many artists, chefs, vintners, and others responsible for this year’s event (held at the Caldwell Snyder Gallery in St. Helena)
From there, the whirlwind continues with movies, wine, and food throughout the week. Numerous film screenings will take place at scores of locations throughout Napa Valley, featuring:
- Sneak-peeks at new studio productions like 78/52, which dissects the classic shower murder scene from Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho
- New fiction films such as: The House of Tomorrow, Stuck, The Boy Downstairs, I Can I Will I Did, and American Folk
- New documentary films like: ACORN and the Firestorm, Laddie: The Man Behind the Movies, A Gateway Bug, and A Fine Line
- Numerous short films, special presentations, and unique film events
For those who wish to have an even more intimate experience with the people behind the movies, there is a chance to join the Napa Valley Film Festival’s Patron Circle. Members will receive invitations to special events where they can rub shoulders with the people behind the Napa Valley Film Festival’s many movies.
But this is not only about movies! In addition to the screenings alluded to above, the Napa Valley Film Festival separates itself from the film festival pack by providing attendees with opportunities to attend lavish dinners where they can sample some of the most sought after dishes by the valley’s best chefs as well as the world-class wines that have been selected as their appropriate match.
Visit Napa Valley Film Festival for more information regarding prices, dates, and locations for this epic event.