Earth Day San Francisco 2018
Earth Day celebrations return to San Francisco this April! Celebrating the 49th consecutive year of this major event, Earth Day San Francisco 2018 is an all-ages festival that seeks to raise awareness for our need to take better care of our planet.
While most festivals are primarily about the LOLs, Earth Day focuses on far more than just having a good time (although this will most definitely also provide that). Earth Day’s focus lies in getting us back in touch with the planet we depend on for life, in educating people on how to be better stewards of the earth, and in displaying some of the many wonders we can glean from our marvelous planet if only we take the time to listen, learn, and be part of something grander than ourselves alone.
Included in this totally free event will be the ability to participate in many activities such as:
- Strolling the convention center floor where there will be numerous booths run by nonprofits to give you more information about their individual focuses (topics such as health care, pollution solutions, healthy living, etc).
- Entertainment from live musicians.
- Celebrity chef’s working to craft culinary masterpieces using all organic/local ingredients.
- Wine and Beer gardens for those over 21.
- Product demonstrations so you can get an idea of where the future of green technology is headed.
- Presentations, keynote speakers, panel discussions and much, much more.
Because the future of the earth lies in the hands of our children, this event also features plenty of activities geared towards those newer to life on this planet. With lots and lots of hands-on activities, crafts, and play areas for the young (or young at heart), Earth Day promises to be a great way to spend an afternoon with the kids (or without them), gaining a better understanding of our environment, and learning better how to preserve this earth for future generations.
Earth Day 2018 will take place at the Civic Center Plaza, located in San Francisco’s historic downtown. It will take place on Saturday, April 21st, and it will run from 11:00 in the morning until 7:00 at night.