Bay Area Bucket List Top 20
There are a lot of Bay Area bucket lists floating around out there, but this insider guide beats them all and narrows down those 100+ lists into a totally doable 20 point list of must-see spots in the area. And as we prepare to welcome guests from around the globe to the San Francisco Bay Area this month for Super Bowl 50, the timing couldn’t be better.
- First and foremost, you must indulge in at least one Bay Area original bite! Gulp down some authentic dim sum or crack open a fresh-baked fortune cookie in Chinatown, slurp fresh oysters and get the best clam chowder in the west in Fisherman’s Wharf, sip an East Bay original Mai Tai, grub on a Mission-style burrito, warm up with an Irish Coffee at the Buena Vista Café, wait in line for a pastry at Tartine Bakery, check out Chef Guy Fieri’s Tex Wasabi’s in Santa Rosa, indulge in the real deal at Oakland’s Home of Chicken and Waffles, eat Spanish tapas at Mountain View’s Cascal, splurge at the world-famous Michelin three-star restaurant The French Laundry, and don’t miss grabbing a sweet treat at Ghirardelli Square.
- Walk or bike across the Golden Gate Bridge or picnic with a view in Golden Gate Park.
- Visit Alcatraz (and purchase the audio tour, it’s well worth it).
- Go wine tasting in Napa and Sonoma (this one can be overwhelming and you can easily spend HOURS researching which ones to visit, which is why we offer custom and pre-packaged luxury tours of some of the best wineries in the region).
- Wander through San Francisco’s colorful and historic Chinatown (there is so much more to do here than eat!)
- Space and Aviation enthusiasts have to make a trip to either Oakland’s Chabot Space and Science Center or Hiller Aviation Museum in San Carlos (or both!).
- Pay homage to the greatest athletes of the region at the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame.
- Dip your toes in the Pacific Ocean at one of the bay’s beautiful beaches (we recommend Half Moon Bay, Capitola, or Pescadero).
- Hop on a cable car just before sunset for a romantic evening ride.
- Hike through a canopy of hundred foot tall redwood trees in Muir Woods.
- Listen to the one-of-a-kind sounds of the majestic Wave Organ built into the San Francisco Bay.
- Spot a famous masterpiece at the de Young Museum of San Francisco or the San Jose Museum of Art.
- Take a golf cart tour of Stanford University or stroll through the UC Berkeley campus, home of the Free Speech Movement in America.
- Celebrate Silicon Valley at the Tech Museum of Innovation in San Jose.
- Day trip to Monterey and enjoy the famous 17-mile drive along Pebble Beach.
- Looking for kid-friendly activities? Check out San Jose’s Happy Hollow Park and Zoo, Oakland’s Children’s Fairyland, or try to spot a shark at the California Academy of Sciences.
- Hit at least one of the many oddball museums in the Bay Area, including the PEZ museum in Burlingame, the Charles M. Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa, or the Jelly Belly museum in Fairfield, just to name a few.
- Wave hello to hundreds of sea lions at Pier 39 in San Francisco.
- Walk (or drive) the famously steep, eight hairpin turns of America’s most crooked street, Lombard Street in San Francisco.
- Stop and smell the roses at Oakland’s Morcom Rose Garden or the Conservatory of Flowers at Golden Gate Park.
Wherever you’re headed in the Bay, let Nationwide Limousine Service handle all your transportation needs. We’ll pick up, drop off, turn or explore anywhere your adventurous heart desires! In a city with heavy traffic and limited parking, utilizing our luxurious transportation vehicles makes commuting faster, more enjoyable, and leaves you with more time to experience all the Bay has to offer! Call us today at 800-339-8936 to learn more about the transportation options we have for outings and events of all kinds!