Make Plans to Attend This Year’s Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance
People here in the Bay Area are very familiar with the wealthy and exclusive enclave of Pebble Beach. Nestled on the California coast just south of Monterey, Pebble Beach is home to seven golf courses, including the beautiful and notoriously difficult Pebble Beach Golf Links. However, when classic car enthusiasts like us think of Pebble Beach, we’re not thinking about fairways and putting greens. We’re thinking about the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, one of the world’s best classic car shows.
This annual event occurs on the third Sunday of each August and features the kind of classic cars that make aficionados swoon. This year will mark the 62nd anniversary of this marvelous event, but this show is definitely not designed to attract everyday car enthusiasts. Advance tickets sell for $200, but sticker shock has not been a problem for event organizers, who say that the car show attracted 15,000 people last year. This year, organizers have announced that they will award prizes to the top three cars in at least 20 categories. Winners will then compete for the coveted Best in Show award.
The ticket price alone would tell you that this is no ordinary car show, but to get an idea of how exclusive this annual event truly is, consider the automotive marques (brands to us ordinary collectors) that will be honored at this year’s show:
- The Mercer automobile, which was manufactured in Trenton, N.J., from 1909 to 1925 and will have 12 entries
- Eight Fiat automobiles, all manufactured in 1913 or earlier
- Eleven very rare automobiles designed by Jacques Saoutchik, a Ukrainian-born custom carmaker who crafted automobiles in Paris from 1906 and 1955
- Nine Shelby Cobras made between 1962 and 1966 by Carroll Shelby, the stuff from which car lovers from a certain era’s dreams are truly woven
- Ten one-of-a-kind American sports cars built prior to 1968
- Fifteen custom Rolls-Royce limousines built between 1924 and 1937 that were once owned by Indian Maharajas
In addition to that phenomenal list of vintage automobiles, there will be dozens of other superb antique cars for attendees to see and appreciate.
If you’re thinking about adding that feeling of timeless elegance to an upcoming special event, consider renting one of our San Francisco antique cars. We have a very respectable selection of vintage cars and are always in the market for models we can lovingly restore and add to our collection. Browse the pages of our site to see the Bay Area antique car rentals that are currently available. If you have questions or would like to make a reservation, call us at NLS Limo today at 800-339-8936!