San Bruno, California, is near the San Francisco Airport with plenty parks and tons of shopping opportunities. It boasts a rich history and a mild, Mediterranean climate common in the Bay Area. It’s only a short trip from San Bruno to San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose.
Background on San Bruno
The residents of this city take their recreation seriously as San Bruno is home to 17 parks. One of those is San Bruno City Park, which offers shaded walkways, hiking, picnic tables, a swimming pool, and a playground. The park’s recreation center has an indoor basketball court that was once the training site for the San Francisco Warriors basketball team.
San Bruno was explored much earlier than most of California as the Spaniard Gaspar de Portola led an expedition here in 1769. Here are some more notable facts about San Bruno:
- The city was incorporated in 1914.
- The city now has 40,165 people.
- Actress Suzanne Somers was born and raised in San Bruno, where she starred in her high school’s musical, Guys and Dolls.
- Famous horses like Seabiscuit and Citation raced at the city’s Tanforan Racetrack. The track closed in 1964.
Shopping in San Bruno
With several commercial areas, San Bruno is a great place to browse through a variety of stores.
- The Bayhill Shopping Center has 26 retailers plus restaurants, coffee spots and ice cream shops.
- Downtown hosts many shops and Artichoke Joe’s Casino.
- Mills Park Center has over 20 retailers and restaurants.
- The Tanforan Park Center is a 130-store enclosed mall that includes Sears, JC Penny and Target department stores.
- Skycrest Center boasts several retailers and restaurants.
Staying in San Bruno
The city is popular with those traveling through the San Francisco Airport, which is 10 minutes away. Here are the lodging options:
- Bayhill Inn
- Budget Motel
- Comfort Inn & Suites
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Days Inn
- Gateway Inn & Suites
- Howard Johnson Express Inn
- Ramada Limited
- Regency Inn
- Ritz Inn
- Staybridge Suites
- Super 8 Motel
San Bruno is near the San Francisco Bay and close to all of the action in the Bay Area. Here are the driving distances to exciting areas near this suburb:
- San Francisco is 20 minutes away.
- Oakland is 30 minutes away.
- San Jose is 45 minutes away.
- Napa Valley is one hour, 15 minutes to the north.
How to Get There
What’s simply the best way to travel to these fun spots? Nationwide Limousine Service. Let one of our professional drivers handle the traffic and driving hassles as you relax in the ultimate comfort of one of our stretch limousines. There’s no better way to see the Golden Gate Bridge and the stunning San Francisco skyline than kicking back with a glass of champagne in one of our classy rides.
So if you’re coming to San Bruno and want to experience the Bay Area in the most fashionable way possible, give Nationwide Limousine Service a call. We know you’ll be impressed by our smooth service, reasonable rates, professional drivers, and wide selection of vehicles. Call us today at 800-339-8936!