Half an hour inland from San Francisco lies the city of Richmond, California chock full of interesting historic landmarks, breathtaking coastline, and museums. It’s a burgeoning city with a life of its own that’s also close to other exciting Bay Area attractions.
What You Need to Know About Richmond
Richmond is a residential inner suburb and the site of heavy industry. Here are some interesting facts about Richmond:
- It’s the largest city in the country with a Green Party mayor.
- Its population is 103,818.
- It developed quickly during World War II as an industrial town.
- A casino has been proposed for the city, but is the subject of local controversy.
- It was incorporated in 1905.
- It has 32 miles of shoreline.
There are plenty of things to do while you’re in Richmond, as the city has a deep, well-documented history and a thriving local economy. Here are some points of interest for the Richmond traveler:
- Shopping, coffee and small-town charm at Point Richmond
- Drama at The Masquers Playhouse
- Restored World War II ship USS Red Oak Victory
- The Golden State Model Railroad Museum
- "We Can Do It!" Rosie the Riveter/World War II Home Front National Historical Park
- Point Molate Beach Park
- Hilltop Multiplex
- Richmond Museum of History
- Isabel Dog Park (ranked No. 1 in North America by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals!)
Where to Eat and Where to Stay
The city is home to a variety of ethnic and local cuisine options. From pastries at Goldilocks Bake Shop to Vietnamese and Thai-flavored restaurants, there’s something to fit every taste. There are also cafes, bistros, donut shops, coffee shops, Chinese restaurants and home-cooking style fare.
As far as lodging, here are some of your options in Richmond:
- Economy Inn
- Extended Inn Stay America
- Hotel Mac
- 40 Flags Motel
- Budget Inn
- Best Value Inn
- Civic Center Motel
- Courtyard by Marriott
- East Brothers Inn Bed & Breakfast
- Days Inn & Suites
- Sea Horse Motel
- Terrace Inn & Suites
Richmond is an excellent jumping off point to cities like San Francisco and Oakland. Here are some facts about the proximity of a variety of hot spots:
- San Francisco is only 30 minutes away.
- Oakland is 15 minutes away.
- San Jose is one hour to the south.
- Sacramento is one hour and 15 minutes to the north.
- California’s gorgeous wine country is 45 minutes to the north.
- Yosemite National Park is four hours to the west.
How to Go with Style and Class
There’s no better way to glide between San Francisco and Richmond than in your very own limousine. You’ll be touring the area in superior comfort. Plus, Nationwide Limousine Service’s party buses and tour buses are a great option for large groups.
If you’re up for enjoying Richmond and the Bay Area in decadent, yet affordable fashion, Nationwide Limousine Services wants to cater to your every whim. Call us today at 800-339-8936!
Nationwide Limousine Service
12453 San Pablo Ave
Richmond CA, 94805