Nestled in San Francisco Bay is charming Redwood City, California which boasts the world’s best climate. The city is a short drive to San Francisco, San Jose, and Oakland while also offering its own attractions like a downtown with a 20-screen movie theater, dining, and shops.
Fun Facts about Redwood City
- The city’s motto is “Climate Best by Government Test.” According to a survey done after World War II, Redwood City was tied for the best climate in the world with the Canary Islands and North Africa’s Mediterranean Coast.
- The city’s population is 79,000.
- The city was incorporated in 1868.
- Scenes of the movies Harold & Maude (shot at San Mateo County Government Center) and Mrs. Doubtfire (Redwood City Courthouse) were filmed here.
- Dallas Cowboys safety Roy Williams is from the city.
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Eric Byrnes is from the city.
- San Francisco 49er’s Coach Mike Nolan is from the city.
Points of Interest and Events
Redwood City is home to the San Mateo County History Museum, located in the Redwood City Courthouse. Enjoy beachside music on Thursday nights during the summer with the Jazz Up the Shores program. For entertainment under the stars, check out Music on the Square followed by Movies on the Square every Wednesday evening during the summer.
Redwood City also has parks, sidewalk cafes, and diverse neighborhoods. For more information, check out their Chamber of Commerce website.
Lodging and Restaurants
Tasty dining options abound here in Redwood City. A taste of New Orleans-style Cajun cuisine can be found at Creola Restaurant. The city’s Village Pub is called a “snazzy dining room with frequent 49ers sightings” by Zagat’s. A five-star French dining experience is served at Chantilly Restaurant. Plus the city has a number of Indian, Thai and Afghan restaurants, along with traditional American and fast-food joints.
If you’re looking for a place to stay, there are upscale options like Sofitel San Francisco Bay. There are also choices for those on a budget, such as Holiday Express Inn, Super 8 and Budget Inn. Lots of business travelers heading for Silicon Valley stay in Redwood City.
Redwood City is an excellent place to stay if you’re looking to enjoy both San Francisco and San Jose. It’s also ideal for travelers going to Palo Alto or any of the other technology hubs located nearby. Here are some driving distances for various points:
- 30 minutes to San Francisco
- 40 minutes to Oakland
- 30 minutes to San Jose
- 90 minutes to Napa Valley
How to Get Around in Redwood City
If you’re taking a special trip to the Bay Area, why not add a special something to your journey? Nationwide Limousine Service wants you to leave the driving to us, kick your feet up, and enjoy the ride as we briskly escort you around San Francisco, San Jose, and wherever you want to go!
We offer stretch limousines, classic cars, tour buses and party buses for large groups. Whether it’s business or pleasure, your premier transportation option is Nationwide Limousine Service. Call us today at 800-339-8936!