Lafayette bustles with local flavor and swells with historic charm. Located in Contra Costa County, Lafayette was once a favorite spot for travelers to rest, eat, and drink on long wagon trips from Moraga and Canyon to Martinez. Today, Lafayette continues to draw visitors with its historic sites, unique festivals, and upscale dining atmosphere.
Limousine rentals are the most convenient and luxurious way to take in all of the experiences of Lafayette. Limos and classic cars are ideal for a small, intimate group looking to move easily from one spot to the next. For larger parties exploring Lafayette, a party bus or tour bus serves to keep the group together and keep the night rolling.
With bucolic rolling hills, an upscale local culture and proximity to San Francisco, Oakland, Berkley and Walnut Creek, Lafayette has scores of opportunities to enrich your visit including cultural and historic attractions, outdoor activities, nightclubs, theaters and other entertainment.
Lafayette is home to several annual traditions which serve to highlight the local culture and commemorate historic figures and events. Lafayette annual events include:
Points of Interest
Lafayette has more sights, sounds, and tastes to take in than most visitors can handle in a single day. If this is your first visit to Lafayette, we recommend visiting these popular destinations:
- Lafayette Reservoir – a park with hiking, fishing, boating and more. An excellent spot for a weekend picnic or a daytime nature retreat.
- Lafayette Gallery and the Art Room – a local art co-op and private art school
- Mt. Diablo Boulevard – the main stretch with a mix of independent stores and familiar shopping destinations
- Lafayette Town Hall – home of the Town Hall Theatre Company, Gold Coast Chamber Players, Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra and the Lafayette Jazz Festival.
- Veteran's Memorial – recently rebuilt home of the Lafayette Historical Society
- Museum of Vintage Fashion
- And much more!
Lafayette offers both high class dining and comfortable local fare. The best way to sample all of Lafayette's flavors is the Taste of Lafayette festival, but if you are looking for just a few great meals, here are some excellent restaurants to try:
- Millie's Kitchen – local favorite for breakfast fare
- Squirrels Restaurant – nostalgic 50's eatery
- Diablo Foods – outstanding local market for seafood, meats and produce
- Gigi's – local and seasonal fare
Lafayette's finest hotel, Lafayette Park Hotel and Spa, is located right off Mt. Diablo Boulevard. Spacious rooms, courtyards with fountains, unique historical charm and a friendly staff make Lafayette Park a popular lodging for repeat visitors.
Other more affordable choices include the Hillside Inn and Suites and other hotels in nearby Walnut Creek such as Marriott, Embassy Suites and Renaissance Clubsport.
Lafayette has decent public transportation, but for a more flexible, comfortable and luxurious way to get around, consider a limousine, classic car, party bus, or luxury van rental. Whether you are out on an intimate date or a night on the town, renting a limousine adds a dash of class to your stay in Lafayette.
Here you'll find only a sampling of the sights and experiences offered by Lafayette. Upon arrival, you'll discover even more exciting local culture and historic charm. There's no better way to take it all in than a classy limousine rental. Call Nationwide Limousine Service at 1-800-339-8936 today for a free quote!