Located 23 miles from Sacramento, Dixon is an easy drive to or from any of the larger cities for special events and outings in a Dixon limousine from Nationwide Limousine Service. Singles, couples, and groups alike can always find just the right vehicle to fit their event in the Dixon limousine fleet. From classic cars to large tour buses, Nationwide Limousine Service is ready to serve the area.
Dixon is a little town with a BIG history. The following timeline is a highlight of the town’s history:
- Dixon was settled in 1852 during the California Gold Rush by Elijah S. Silvey.
- The town was relocated to be near the California Pacific Railroad in 1871 through the efforts of Thomas Dickson, a farmer and prominent citizen who served as minister and school teacher, and Peter Timm, a cabinetmaker from Denmark. The tracks crossed the land of Thomas Dickson who donated 10 acres of land for the town move and a railroad depot.
- The town was renamed to Dicksonville. The first rail shipment arrived in 1872, mistakenly addressed to 'Dixon’. Despite protests from the citizens, the County Recorder filed the name 'Dixon’ on new maps in 1874 and the name was thus official.
- By 1877, the population had grown to 1200.
- On March 30, 1878, the State of California granted approval for Dixon to incorporate.
To learn more about the fascinating history of this town, visit the Dixon Chamber of Commerce web site.
Dixon today has approximately 17,000 residents. The great-grandson of Peter Timm, Dr. Peter Timm, is the local veterinarian. The Dixon Methodist Church is the only original building remaining from the 1871 relocation. To learn about Dixon today, visit the city’s web site.
If you are a visitor to the northern Bay Area, take the time to pay Dixon a visit. A Dixon limousine is on stand-by to serve your transportation needs. Let the knowledgeable drivers enrich your day as you learn more about the Dixon of yesteryear and the Dixon of today.
Call Nationwide Limousine Service to Reserve Your Dixon Limousine! 1-800-339-8936