New Details Released About “The Beast,” Obama’s Presidential Limousine
We have written before about President Obama’s relatively new presidential limousine, but tantalizingly few details about this limo have been available due to understandable security concerns. However, after the recent inauguration marking the beginning of his second term in office, a few more details about this remarkable limo were made available to people with an insatiable desire to know more about this highly specialized limousine, like us. So, in keeping with our ongoing efforts to supply our readers with the very latest in weird and wonderful limousine news, here are some of the new details recently released about “The Beast”:
- It gets around eight miles per gallon for fuel economy.
- The doors are eight inches thick and made from titanium, steel, ceramics and aluminum.
- Its armor plating is so thick that no outside noise enters the driver’s compartment or passenger cabin. Special microphones are located on the body so that the driver and passengers can hear what is going on outside the limo.
- It is equipped with a night-vision camera, firefighting system, run-flat tires and steel wheels.
- An undisclosed amount of the President’s blood is stored on board in case of emergency.
- A lock-down mechanism makes the limo’s interior impervious to biological attacks.
- Communication between The Beast and the 45 or so other vehicles in a typical presidential motorcade is encrypted and facilitated via the White House Communications Agency Roadrunner vehicle.
- A video system allows the driver to see through smoke and fog.
- One of the vehicle’s defensive features may include infrared smoke grenades, which surround the limo and make it difficult to target with rockets, rocket-propelled grenades and other weapons.
While we take the safety of our guests very seriously, our San Francisco limo rentals do not include any of the amenities listed above. Our guests prefer luxury and comfort to armor and weaponry, so we outfit our custom limos with amenities such as these:
- State-of-the-art audio and video systems
- Mood lighting
- Moon roofs
- iPod docks
- Wet bars
- Climate control
- Many more creature comforts, including a hot tub in one of our Bay Area limousines!
So, the next time you and your friends and family need a San Francisco limo rental but don’t need a security detail, 45-vehicle motorcade, elaborate security measures or infrared smoke grenades, call us at 1-800-339-8936 to make a reservation! Our limousines are customized right here in our shop, and each offers a unique experience for you and your guests. For the best San Francisco limo rental experience at the best rate and outstanding customer service, call NLS Limo today!